When I was at my first market selling buttons EVER people were very interested in my decoration. (It really got me to the point where I was wondering if I am selling the right thing. *lol*)
One of my decorational pieces were these little gingerbread house tags. As a little pre-Christmas gift just for you I decided to put up the instructions so if you are interested in making your own – well, now you can ;-)
This is actually the first post of a little mini-blogpost series “Crafty Christmas”. So if you like it be sure to stop by tomorrow to get more Christmassy DIY inspiration.
This project is perfect for beginners,too. Very easy!
Crocheted Gingerbread House Tag
-yarn in dark brown and white
-crochet hook matching your yarn
Now, let’s do it! :-)
Chain 10 and chain 1 more for turning:
1. row: single crochet into second stitch from hook until the end (10 stitches), chain 1 for turning:
2.-8. row: single crochet each stitch (10 stitches), chain 1 for turning. When you are done it should look like this:
9. row: Start decreasing for the roof. Crochet first two stitches together, single crochet into each stitch until you reach the last two, crochet last two stitches together, chain 1 for turning (8 stitches).
10. row: Repeat 9th row (6 stitches).
11. row: Repeat 9th row (4 stitches).
12. row: Repeat 9th row (2 stiches).
13. row: Crochet last 2 stitches together. Pull yarn through and finish off. Your house tag is done and should look like this:
With some white yarn single crochet around the “roof”. When you are at the top chain 25 and slip stitch to the “base”. This way you form a loop which you can use to hang your cute tag. Finish the “roof”.
Now, very important step – you need to block your cute tags in order for them to look pretty. Spray them with some starch, let dry and … embellish and use them to decorate!
Done! Was that easy?
Please – pretty please with cherry on top – leave me a comment how you liked the pattern! It is my first pattern that I am sharing so I am super excited! :-)
P.S. Let me know as well, if you are interested in knowing how to make the teeny crocheted hearts.