When I made the gingerbread house tags I was searching the internet for a pattern for tiny hearts. And there are many patterns for small crocheted hearts out there. But none was quite tiny enough. So I made up my own. And now you can make them, too. :-)
Tutorial for making teeny tiny crocheted hearts
You need yarn – the thinner the yarn, the smaller the hearts – and a matching crochet hook.
1. Start with a magic ring:
Just make a loop
and pull your yarn through. Then crochet a chain stitch.
2. Work 5 single crochets into the loop you just created/ the magic circle.
3. Pull tight and finish the round with a slip stitch into the first chain stitch you have made.
It should look like a small circle.
4. Start the second round with a chain stitch.
Then you work 3 single crochets into the first single crochet from the last round.
5. Work a slip stitch into the second single crochet.
6. Into the third single crochet work 1 slip stitch, 1 chain stitch, 1 slip stitch. This will be the tip of your heart.
7. Into the fourth single crochet work 1 slip stitch.
8. Into the fifth single crochet work 3 single crochet stitches. Finish the round with 1 slip stitch into the middle of your heart.
It should end up looking like this:
I always tie a knot with the tail and the thread that I started with. I think it gives the heart a nice shape.
And done! :-)
Now you can use your tiny heart to embellish your crocheted gingerbread tags ;-) or tie it around a candle, decorate a card, make a mini-bunting out of tiny hearts or …
If you liked the tutorial, please leave me a comment! Makes my day! :-)